decided to take some kiddos to the zoo. Since I'm department head and started the Zoo Project with the 6th graders a few years ago, I didn't feel bad saying I would love to go with them. Even though everyone had their doubts about me going into labor while there, I was given a substitute for the day!
Since I REALLY wanted to take Cameron to the zoo before the baby came I asked if I could drive my car and take Cameron with us. Fortunately I have a great principal to allow me to do just that. Cameron had a BLAST! Mommy didn't fare so well before lunch as it was hot and I should've had more water and food before I did. Thankfully after lunch I felt much better and we carried on with our day. Cameron got to spend a little more time at the zoo checking out the front entrance because we had a kid that decided to stray from the group. Let's just say he probably won't do that again!
Chilling in the wagon once inside the zoo!
Enjoying seeing the animals
Showing the Longhorns his longhorn sign
Cool monkeys hanging from the trees outside the monkey exhibit. Can't get away from the monkeys even away from school!
Getting cool by the mist fan. He wasn't sure what to think at first but figured out it was nice to be in front of it.

Crawling through an underwater tunnel with his new girl pal.
On one of our tickets there was a lion. We saw the lion but I guess it didn't look like this one. It was lying down and turned away from us. When we got around to the tigers Cameron walked over to our backpack and pulled out the ticket. Then walked back over to the fence and compared the ticket to what was behind the fence. He was so tickled to have found what he thought was on the ticket.
Then we went down to the other end and another tiger was sitting up looking at us. Cameron once again got the ticket out of the backpack and compared it to what was on the ticket. I thought it was absolutely adorable and made me feel great that he was reasoning so well. (even though it wasn't quite the creature on the ticket.) They did look similar!
Mommy and Cameron before leaving from the zoo. Happy Day for both of us. Mission accomplished!
All tuckered out on our way home. Notice the ticket that is sitting in his seat.








No comments:
Post a Comment