Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Braydon Andrew Payne ~ 6-17-10













































































Braydon's birth was rather uneventful. We went in on Thursday morning and at 7:22 a.m. our little boy was born. We had great nurses and doctors - except the 2 nurses that tried to get the iv in (yet failed) and the nurse that didn't want to stay in the OR when we didn't want Braydon to leave the OR.

After Braydon was born we he stayed with us the ENTIRE time. Everyone was quite surprised by his weight. If Michael hadn't snapped a picture of him on the scale being weighed I'm not sure I would have believed him.

The only real bummer about the entire delivery was I was really sick from the anesthesia. Not 5 minutes out of the OR I was "attempting" to throw up. Of course I hadn't eaten anything in hours so it made it all the more worse. Due to throwing up and feeling pretty bad I didn't breastfeed Braydon for several hours. All in all not too bad of an experience.

After I was in a room, Nana brought up Cameron. He was SO cute. We moved Braydon over to the side of the room so Cameron could see Mom and Dad and Braydon not be the focus right away. He came in the room, said hi to me, and said " Where's baby brother?" He went straight over to the bassinet and climbed up to see Braydon.

We had family and friends visit which was really nice. We had some visitors with Cameron but most people stayed away due to Cameron being in the NICU.

Michael was great juggling me, Braydon, and Cameron during our stay in the hospital.

Despite having a c-section it was nice to have a "normal" stay in the hospital!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love the picture of Cameron touching Braydon's nose. I'm gonna steal it and frame it! :)

Barbara P said...

Sounds good to me. Before you do that wait until I get our most recent pics posted. You might like some of those better.