Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Old Man ~ 12-26-12

As some of you have read about before, the Payne's have a tradition we affectionately call "The Old Man." I am always super excited about The Old Man and have received it twice now. The last time being last year. So this year I had the privilege (or dread) of writing a poem to send The Old Man on his way again.


After organizing the book of poems, getting a tally of who had received The Old Man and when, I went to work making my selection of who would receive him this year. In addition, when I received it before, in 2004, I wanted to find The Old Man a house to keep from getting dusty and stay together. I couldn't find one at the time but managed to find one this year before sending him on his way this year.

Merry Christmas Jocelyn. I hope you enjoy The Old Man this year! I can't wait to see who gets him next year.

No comments: