Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sicker than we thought ~ 5-21-11

Cameron had been feeling kind of under the weather and couldn't get rid of a runny nose. He had been saying "what?" a lot and I thought he may be getting/have an ear infection. I asked his teacher earlier in the week when I met with her to ask the nurse to check his ears since at his last check-up in March we had trouble getting a good result from his hearing test. In March I decided not to take him back in 3 weeks to "check" his ears because I figured they were better and all was well with the world. On Friday afternoon before picking Cameron up from school I got an email from his teacher that the nurse checked his ears and they looked to have fluid on them. GREAT!?!?!?

Michael had gone out of town the day before on a guys weekend with his brothers and it was just me and the boys. After much debating and checking into things, on Saturday morning I decided to go to the Redi-clinic at HEB. We were the first one's there and Cameron was playing around, crawling under the chair legs, and jumping through the legs of the sign. Another words, he showed NO signs of feeling bad AT ALL!

We got back to see the PA and after checking him out she said...he had bronchitis and a sinus infection!!!! She said that it almost sounded like pneumonia but without a chest x-ray she couldn't confirm. I was shocked and felt terrible that he was so sick despite him not acting like much of anything was wrong. So she prescribed him a strong antibiotic and a steroid to get his lungs back in shape.

We shopped around the store while the pharmacy filled the prescriptions. Once we got home the kid in the picture is what I had.

No comments: